Through the Weatherization Assistance (WAP) program, income-qualified households will be provided with a free home energy assessment and eligible upgrades to improve your home’s comfort, safety, and efficiency. It is very similar to the CARE program. This program is managed through Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) in Durango, Colorado. You can apply through GV-HEAT.
Do you qualify?
- You are a homeowner or renter with landlord approval.
- You live in Gunnison or Hinsdale County in a house, townhome, condo, apartment, or mobile home.
- Your household annual gross income is at or below the income-levels listed in the table below.
- You are serviced by Atmos Energy, Gunnison Electric, or Gunnison County Electric Association.
- For more information on the WAP program, please go here.
- Para más información en español.
- To apply for the WAP Program please go here.
- For questions, please reach Gesa Michel at 970-234-5613 or firstname.lastname@example.org at GVRHA, 202 E. Georgia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
Income Qualification 2023
Number of People Per Household WAP One $34,560 Two $45,192 Three $55,824 Four $66,468 Five $77,100 Six $87,7312 Seven $89,724 Eight $93,260
Number of People Per Household