Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy or CARE program is a great opportunity for local income-qualified residents to improve your homes’ comfort, safety, and efficiency. Through CARE we conduct free certified assessments of the home and then complete free energy retrofit work. Energy efficiency upgrades may include a furnace tune-up and safety check, LED light bulbs, programmable thermostats, efficient shower heads and sink aerators, air sealing, and insulation upgrades.
Do you qualify?
- You are a homeowner or renter with landlord approval.
- You live in Gunnison or Hinsdale County in a house, townhome, condo, apartment, or mobile home.
- Your household annual gross income is at or below the income-levels listed in the table below.
- You are serviced by Atmos Energy, Gunnison Electric, or Gunnison County Electric Association.
- For more information on the CARE program in English.
- Para más información en español.
- To apply for the CARE program, please go here.
- You can reach Gesa Michel at 970-234-5613 or email@example.com at GVRHA, 202 E. Georgia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
Income Qualification 2023
Number of People Per Household