Signing Up for Energy Assessments
The Energy Smart Colorado (ESC) program is available to all households. It provides you with a home energy assessment and the ability to apply for rebates from local utilities for eligible home improvements. An energy assessment costs $400 to homes no larger than 3,000 sqft.
Town of Crested Butte
If you would like to sign up for a energy assessment as part of your Town of Crested Butte remodel, please use this enrollment link here.
GCEA and Gunnison Electric Service Area
We are excited to partner with Gunnison County Electric Association (GCEA) and the City of Gunnison (Gunnison Electric) to provide discounted home energy assessment at $150 / per household to 10 homes in each service area. . This opportunity is available on a first come first serve basis.
- As part of the assessment, homeowners receive a free “quick-fix” kit valued at $25 for energy saving measures = such as LED lightbulbs, water saving devices, or pipe insulation.
- You can enroll for an assessment through ESC here.
For more information and to sign up, please contact Gesa Michel, the GVRHA GV-Heat Coordinator, at email@example.com or 970-234-5613.
Tax Incentives and Rebate Opportunities
Households may be eligible for tax incentives or rebates related to upgrades/retrofits that they have undertaken to improve the home’s efficiency, comfort, and safety.
Federal and Colorado tax incentives and rebates can be found here:
- Energy Smart Colorado Resource Page to Tax Incentives and Rebates
- Rewiring America Calculator to calculate whether your household qualifies for federal electrification incentives
- Cleanenergy.gov Info Page on how to save money from energy efficiency upgrades, installing electric appliances, and renewable energy purchases
Local rebate opportunities are available through
Gunnison County Energy Smart Colorado Contractors
Please see here a list of our local Gunnison County Energy Smart Contractors who can help you with your weatherization upgrade projects.