GreenDeed – An Energy Efficiency Upgrade Program for Deed-Restricted Homes in the Town of Crested Butte
The Town of Crested Butte and GV-HEAT have been offering the GreenDeed program since 2021. Could your deed restricted home or long-term rental property within the city limits of the Town of Crested Butte benefit from free energy efficiency upgrades to make your home more comfortable and reduce your utility costs? GreenDeed covers assessment costs and full energy efficiency upgrades to help you keep your home affordable and comfortable. Energy efficiency upgrades can range from lightbulb changes and air-sealing to insulation upgrades and more.
- Cost to participate in the program is $50 to be paid towards the assessment. After that, the program will cover the remainder of the assessment, report, and upgrades for each home, up to a total of $5,000.
- Applications for GreenDeed will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information visit here to sign up today and to be added to our waitlist or please contact email@example.com or 970-234-5613.
- A liability release needs to be signed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org before any work can be performed on the home.
- Please see here a Frequently Asked Questions handout on the GreenDeed program.
- In 2022 15 homes received an energy assessment, energy report and energy upgrades based off the recommendations. Please see here an infographic and a summary report about the successes in 2022.
- In 2023 15 homes so far have enrolled in the program and we are currently building a waitlist. Please sign up by enrolling here to be added to the waitlist. The sooner you enroll the sooner you will be served based off of the waitlist.
- New in 2023! Thanks to a funding increase from the Town of Crested Butte, a new phase of GreenDeed is starting where homes who have already participated in the program are eligible to connect with a home energy consultant to identify additional energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable energy opportunities. These participants are then eligible to receive up to $2,500 in annual rebates to put towards making these improvements. Please see this GreenDeed Rebate Opportunities handout for more details.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to significantly increase your comfort and reduce your utility costs.