Through the Weatherization Assistance (WAP) program, income-qualified households will be provided with a free home energy assessment and eligible upgrades to improve your home’s comfort, safety, and efficiency. It is very similar to the CARE program. This program is managed through Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) in Durango, Colorado. You can apply through GV-HEAT.
Do you qualify?
- You are a homeowner or renter with landlord approval.
- You live in Gunnison or Hinsdale County in a house, townhome, condo, apartment, or mobile home.
- Your household annual gross income is at or below the income-levels listed in the table below.
- You are serviced by Atmos Energy, Gunnison Electric, or Gunnison County Electric Association.
- You are a Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the US.
- Please contact GV-HEAT to receive your application. You can reach Gesa Michel at 970-234-5613 or firstname.lastname@example.org at GVRHA, 202 E. Georgia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
Income Qualification 2022
Number of People Per Household WAP One $33,108 Two $43,296 Three $53,484 Four $63,672 Five $73,860 Six $84,036 Seven $85,956 Eight $89,328
Number of People Per Household