Through the Weatherization Assistance (WAP) program, income-qualified households will be provided with a free home energy assessment and eligible upgrades to improve your home’s comfort, safety, and efficiency. It is very similar to the CARE program. This program is managed through Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) in Durango, Colorado. You can apply through GV-HEAT.
Do you qualify?
- You are a homeowner or renter with landlord approval.
- You live in Gunnison or Hinsdale County in a house, townhome, condo, apartment, or mobile home.
- Your household annual gross income is at or below the income-levels listed in the table below.
- You are serviced by Atmos Energy, Gunnison Electric, or Gunnison County Electric Association.
- You are a Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the US.
- Please contact GV-HEAT to receive your application. You can reach Gesa Michel at 970-234-5613 or email@example.com at GVRHA, 202 E. Georgia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
Income Qualification 2021
Number of People Per Household WAP One $31,428 Two $41,100 Three $50,772 Four $60,456 Five $70,128 Six $79,800 Seven $81,612 Eight $83,424
Number of People Per Household