GreenDeed – An Energy Efficiency Upgrade Program for Deed-Restricted Homes in the Town of Crested Butte
The Town of Crested Butte and GV-HEAT have launched a partnership called GreenDeed. Could your deed restricted home or long-term rental property within the city limits of the Town of Crested Butte benefit from free energy efficiency upgrades to make your home more comfortable and reduce your utility costs? GreenDeed covers assessment costs and full energy efficiency upgrades to help you keep your home affordable and comfortable. Energy efficiency upgrades can range from lightbulb changes and air-sealing to insulation upgrades and more. This program does not include renewable energy/solar installation.
- Cost to participate in the program is $50 to be paid towards the assessment. After that, the program will cover the remainder of the assessment, report, and upgrades for each home, up to a total of $5,000.
- Applications for GreenDeed will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-234-5613 for more information or visit here to sign up today and to be added to our waitlist.
- A liability release needs to be signed and returned to email@example.com before any work can be performed on the home.
- Please see here a Frequently Asked Questions handout on the GreenDeed program.
- In 2021 12 homes received an energy assessment, energy report and energy upgrades based off the recommendations. Please see here an infographic and a summary report about the successes in 2021
- So far we have served 12 homes in 2022. We are accepting enrollments for the 2023 waitlist. The GreenDeed program will likely run for 5 years in total.