GV-HEAT—Making Energy Efficiency and Home Repairs Accessible for Every Household in the Gunnison Valley
The Gunnison Valley Regional Housing Authority (GVRHA) manages the Gunnison Valley – Home Energy Advancement Team (GV-HEAT). GV-HEAT helps you save money and increase the safety and comfort in your home. Through GV-HEAT we connect households to resources that help them improve the energy efficiency, comfort, and affordability of housing in Gunnison and Hinsdale Counties. These resources are available based on household income and can be used by both renters and homeowners.
GV-HEAT facilitates both income-qualified and non-income qualified programs for the Gunnison Valley.
- The Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy Program (CARE) and the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) are income-qualified programs.
- The GreenDeed Program is for deed-restricted homes within the Town of Crested Butte.
- GV-HEAT is an Energy Smart Colorado (ESC) partner providing subsidized energy assessments, energy advising, assistance with rebates, and contractor recommendations to all income levels.
- All participating households receive a home energy assessment, which includes recommendations for potential home upgrades and retrofits.
- Please contact GV-HEAT to receive your application. You can reach Gesa Michel at 970-234-5613 or firstname.lastname@example.org at GVRHA, 202 E. Georgia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
For quick tips on energy efficiency in your home, see below
- 10 Tips for Cold Weather Energy Savings – English – click here | en Español haga clic aquí
- Heating Tips – English – click here | en Español haga clic aquí
- Lighting Tips – English – click here | en Español haga clic aquí
- Healthy Homes Tips – English – click here | en Español haga clic aquí
- LEAP – Colorado Low-income Energy Assistance Program | en Español haga clic aquí
- Crisis Intervention Program
“With the Gunnison County being one of the coldest regions in the United States, it is beneficial to find out how to make your home more energy efficient.” says Gesa Michel, GV-HEAT Coordinator with the Gunnison Valley Regional Housing Authority (GVRHA). “Take advantage of enrollment in these programs today! Let us help you stay warm in winter.”